This moroccan chicken sheet pan from Family Style Food is the perfect combination of sweet and savory. The oranges paired with the red pepper flakes, the dates and the ginger, you can’t get much better than that. Pair with basmati rice and it’s a perfect meal for the week; I made it and took it to work all week long.
- 2 LBS Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1/2 Red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 LB Carrots, cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 Orange/ 2 Tangerines, peeled and wedges cut in half
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Sliced
- 3 Green Onions, white and green part, sliced
- 2 Pitted Dates, finely chopped [I used pre-chopped dates from a bag]
- 2 TSP Ginger
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 TSP Cumin Seeds
- 2 TSP Coriander
- 2 TSP Cayenne
- 1 TSP Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt + Pepper
Let’s Get Cooking
Preheat the oven 450F and prep all the ingredients
Arrange the chicken on a large baking sheet. Add on the red onion + carrots + oranges + green onions + garlic, dates, and ginger. Pour over the olive oil then add on the cumin + coriander + salt + pepper + chili flakes.
Mix everything really well so the chicken is coated with the spices. Space out the chicken so it is in an even layer. Cook for about 22-25 minutes.
Squeeze the orange wedges or push them down with a spoon to release the judges. Mix well again and enjoy with rice!