‘Hannah, what are you eating for lunch this week?” What a fantastic question, thanks for asking! In the process of doom scrolling the other week I saw all these videos on Tik Tok about this grinder salad. It is basically a deconstructed hoagie/grinder whatever you want to call it. It is very similar to the Kitchen Sink Salad that I have posted about previously. The Tik Tok recipe calls for mayo which I opted to leave out as it would not keep well since I am making the salad for weekday lunches. The fun part about this salad & the kitchen sink salad is it’s another opportunity to make it your own and clear out your fridge at the same time!
** A nice little bonus recipe: take your salami, spread some goat cheese, place a pepperoncini on top, and roll the salami up, OMG YUM
- 1/2 Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 6 Pepperoncini + a little juice, diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 6 Slices of Salami, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 TSP Oregano
- 1 TSP Basil
- 1/2 TSP Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Head Romaine Lettuce, washed & chopped
- Handful of Arugula & Spinach
- Tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 Cucumber, sliced
- Cheese of your choice, I used crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Green Olives
- Olive Oil
- Cracked Pepper
- Feel free to add in croutons, I used the sourdough foccacia I made a few weeks ago.
Combine all in a container and mix well
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1/2 TSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 TSP Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt + Pepper
- 1 TSP Oregano
- 1 TSP Mayo* I added one day to make the dressing a little bit creamier you can opt-out
Let’s Get Cooking
First things first prep your ingredients.
In a large bowl combine red onion + pepperonchini + garlic + oregano + basil + red pepper flakes. Mix well and let sit
Prepare your lettuce & spinach/arugula [you don’t need to add the arugula, I just like the peppery flavor it adds]
Add your greens to the bowl + all your additional toppings. Mix well and top with freshly cracked pep.
If you are eating immediately, feel free to top it with your dressing. If not, store in a separate container that you can top with later.
Have fun & be creative & enjoy!
Made with Love,
One thought on “‘Grinder’ Salad”