If you like food blogs then you must know about Half-Baked Harvest. I absolutely love her recipes, especially trying out her seasonal ones. This recipe is the perfect fall soup and made enough for the whole week of lunches. Be sure to fit this recipe in this soup season.
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 2-4 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- 2 TBSP Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1 TBSP Dried Basil
- 1 TBSP Dried Oregano
- 1 TSP Smoked Paprika
- 1 Pinch Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt + Pepper
- 2 TBSP Tomato Paste
- 6 Carrots, chopped ( I used about 10 baby carrots)
- 4 Celery Stalks, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine, I like cooking with Pinot Grigio
- 6 Cups Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 4-6 Cups Kale, roughly chopped
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 LB Cheese Tortellini
- 1/3 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
Let’s Get Cooking
In a large pot, heat the olive oil over MED-HIGH heat. When the oil gets hot add in the onion and cook until golden, about 5 minutes. Add in the carrots + garlic + celery + thyme + basil + oregano + paprika + salt + pepper. Cook for another 5 min or so and stir in the tomato paste.
Add in the wine + broth + red pepper flakes and simmer over medium heat for about 20-30 minutes.
Following, stir in the cream + chopped kale + parmesan + tortellini.
Top with additional cheese & serve!
Made with Love,