I just had a huge move, from living with my best friend since pre-school to living alone. I have never lived alone before so it was a transition. I’m beginning to get back into some resemblance of a routine and part of that is making lunches for the workweek. I found this recipe in Antoni’s new cookbook Let’s Do Dinner and it is the perfect lunch that you can pop in the microwave [ if you want ] and you’re good to go.
- 2 TSBP + 2 TSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Small Onion, Chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 TSP Chili Powder
- 2 15oz Cans Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 TSP Grated Lime Zest
- 2 TBSP Fresh Lime Juice (about 1 lime)
- 6 Cups thinly sliced napa/green cabbage
- 1 1/2 Cups cubed Pineapple
- 1 Large Serrano/Jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 2/3 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 2 Scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 Cups Shredded cooked chicken, (can use rotisserie chicken)
- 4 Large Flour Tortillas
- Hot sauce & Sour Cream (For serving)
Let’s Get Cooking
If you’re eating these at home now, preheat the oven to 400F. If making for the weekly lunches you can skip this part
Heat 2 TBSP of olive oil in a saucepan over MED heat. Add in the onion + garlic and cook until soft. Add in the chili powder + 1/4 TSP salt + beans and cook until warmed through. Stir in the lime zest + juice and remove the beans from heat.
In a large bowl, combine the cabbage + chile + cilantro+ scallions + remaining oil + salt + pineapple.
Lay out a piece of foil and place the tortilla on top. Layer the burrito beans + chicken + cabbage and then tightly roll and wrap in the foil.
If you’re eating these at home, place the burritos in the oven for 15 min.
If you’re eating at work, place it right in the fridge. Be sure to pack a plate or something to unwrap and reheat the burrito in.
Serve with hot sauce & sour cream.
Made with Love,